Ramachandra Sista, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Medical School, Guntur Medical College, India
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Heart-Lung & Lung Transplantation and Advanced Lung Disease
- Acute Lung Injury / Acute respiratory distress syndrome [ALI/ARDS] and Novel Extracorporeal Lung Assist technologies
- Clinical Outcomes and Quality improvement
- Airway Interventions
Awards and Honors
- Jay N. Cohn Young Investigator award in Clinical Integrative Physiology, Heart Failure Society of America [HFSA], Seattle WA, 2006
- Timothy F. Beckett Jr. Award for Excellence in clinical teaching by a Fellow, Dept. of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford CA, 2004
- Senior Resident Award for excellence as a Physician and Teacher, Dept. of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit MI, 1996
- Class Valedictorian, M.B.B.S., Guntur Medical College, Guntur India., 1991
Gundeep S. Dhillon1, Marty R. Zamora2, Justus E. Roos3, Deirdre Sheahan3, RRamachandra R. Sista1U, Pieter Van der Starre4, David Weill1, Mark R. Nicolls1. Lung Transplant Airway Hypoxia: A Diathesis to Fibrosis? Am J Respir Crit Care Med Vol 182. pp 1–7, 2010.
Deuse T, Sista R, Haddad F, Weill D, Dhillon G, Tyan D, Robbins RC, Reitz BA. Review of Heart-Lung Transplantation at Stanford. Ann Thorac Surg 2010;90:329 –37.
Ramachandra R. Sista, MD1U, Jon-Erik C. Holty, M.D., M.S.1Mycobacterium Tuberculosis infection in Solid Organ transplant recipients: Early diagnosis and treatment of resistant tuberculosis. Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2009 Dec;14(6):613-8.
Ramachandra Sista, MD1U Gundeep S Dhillon, MD, MPH1, Joseph Levitt, MD1 Hari Mallidi, MD2 Vincent G Valentine, MD3 Meera R Gupta, MD3 David Weill, MD1. Impact of Hepatitis B core Antibody positive Donors in Lung and Heart-Lung Transplantation : An Analysis of the United Network For Organ Sharing [UNOS] Data base. Transplantation. 2009 Sep 27;88(6):842-6.
Dora Y. Ho1, Margaret Lin2, Joanna Schaenman1, Fernando Rosso1, Ann N. C. Leung2, Steven E. Coutre3, URamachandra R. Sista4U and Jose G. Yield of diagnostic procedures for invasive fungal infections in neutropenic febrile patients with chest computed tomography (CT) abnormalities. Mycoses. 2009 Sep 28. [Epub ahead of print]
Deuse, R. Sista, D. Weill, H. Reichenspurner, R.C. Robbins, S. Schrepfer. Mechanisms behind Local Immunosuppression Using Inhaled Tacrolimus in Preclinical Models of Lung Transplantation. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. February 2010 (Vol. 29, Issue 2, Supplement, Page S68)
Deuse T1, Sista R2, Haddad F3, Weill, D2, Dhillon, G2, Tyan, D4, Mallidi HR1, Oyer PE1, Robbins RC1, Reitz BA1. 27-year experience with combined heart-lung transplantation at Stanford University. Abstract accepted for oral presentation at ISHLT annual meeting, Paris 2009.
R Sista, MD1, G Dhillon, MD1, X Jiang, PhD1, R Natarajan, PhD2, D Weill, MD1 and M Nicolls, MD1. Pre-Clinical and Clinical Airway Transplants Exhibit Relative Tissue Hypoxia: A Potential Link to the Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome (BOS). Accepted for a poster and oral presentation at ATS 2009 annual meeting, San Diego, CA.
Ramachandra R, Sista, MD1, Michael H, Wall, MD1. Critical Care: Heart and Lung Transplantation. Patient care in ICU after Heart, Heart-Lung and Lung Transplantation. Invited Review. SCA [Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesia] Monograph. Submitted for Review.
Ramachandra R. Sista, MD1, Hari R. Mallidi, MD1. Care of the patient after Heart Transplantation. Chapter for Pocket ICU. Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine. Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University, St. Louis, MO. In Press.