Suryakanta Velamuri, M.D., D.A.B.S.M.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center
2002 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030
- Medical School, Baroda Medical College, MS University, Gujarat, India
- Medical School, Government Medical College, Surat, Gujarat, India
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Ill.
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Clinical and Research Interests
Dr. Velamuri's clinical and research interests include sleep medicine-OSA and perioperative outcomes and lung cancer.
Awards and Honors
- Fellowship Program Award from fellows, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Best Fellow Award, peer selected, 2003
- Velamuri S, Subramanian S. Sleep and lung cancer. Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews. 2010; (accepted for publication).
- Sharafkhaneh A, Velamuri S, Moghaddam SJ, Badmaev V, Dickey B, Kurie J. (2008). Natural agents for chemoprevention of lung cancer. In JA Roth, JD Cox, WK Hong (Eds.), Lung Cancer, (3rd ed., pp. 441-57). Wiley-Blackwell.
- Sharafkhaneh A, Velamuri S, Badmaev V, Lan C, Hanania N. The potential role of natural agents in treatment of airway inflammation. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2007; 1(2):105-20.
- Velamuri, S. Upper airway resistance syndrome. Sleep Medicine Clinics. 2006; 1(4):475-83.
- Bandi V, Velamuri S, Sirgi C, Wendt J, Wendt R, Guntupalli K. Deposition pattern of heliox-driven bronchodilator aerosol in the airways of stable asthmatics. J Asthma. 2005; 42(7):583-6.