Philip M. Alapat, M.D., D.A.B.S.M., F.C.C.P.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Ben Taub General Hospital
Dept. of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine
1504 Taub Loop
Houston, Texas 77030
- M.D., Texas Tech University School of Medicine, Lubbock, Texas
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Clinical and Research Interests
Dr. Alapat's clinical and research interests include obesity hypoventilation syndrome, sleep disorders and critical care medicine.
Awards and Honors
- Chief Fellow, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Baylor College of Medicine, 2004-2005
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society, 1999
- National Merit Scholar, 1995
- Reddy R, Guntupalli K, Alapat P, Surani S, Casturi L, Subramanian S. Sleepiness in medical ICU residents. Chest. 2009; 135(1)81-5.
- Robertson TE, Mann HJ, Hyzy R, Rogers A, Douglas I, Waxman AB, Weinert C, Alapat P, Guntupalli KK, Buchman TG. Multicenter implementation of a consensus-developed, evidence-based, spontaneous breathing trial protocol. Critical Care Medicine. 2008; 36(10):2753-62.
- Alapat PM, Zimmerman JL. Toxicology in the critical care unit. Chest. 2008; 133(4):1006-13.
- Alapat PM. Obstructive sleep apnea and stroke. Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews. 2007; 3(4):241-4.