Nicola Hanania, M.D., M.S.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza - BCM621
Houston, Texas 77030
- M.D., University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
- Fellowship, Pulmonary, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship, Critical Care, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Clinical and Research Interests
Dr. Hanania's clinical and research interests are asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Awards and Honors
- Member, Academy of Distinguished Educators, Baylor College of Medicine, 2003
- Award for Excellence in Teaching, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 2003
- Attending of the Year Award, Pulmonary Section, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 2003
- Fulbright and Jaworski L.L.P. Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching and Evaluation, 2003
- Mentored Clinical Investigator Award (MCIA) (K12), Baylor College of Medicine, NIH, 2003
- Hanania NA, Sharafkhaneh A. Lung diseases in the elderly. American College of College of Chest Physicians, Pulmonary and Critical Update (PCCU). 2005.
- Agrawal A. Hanania, NA. Life threatening asthma. Defining patients at risk. J Crit Illness. 2005; 20:44-8.
- Make B, Hanania NA, ZuWallack R, Kalberg C, Emmett A, Brown CP, Knobil K. The efficacy and safety of inhaled fluticasone propionate/salmeterol and ipratropium/albuterol for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: an eight-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, parallel-group study. Clin Ther. 2005; 27(5):531-42.
- Hanania NA, Belfort MA. Acute asthma in pregnancy. Crit Care Med. 2005; 33(10 Suppl):S319-24.
- Soto F, Hanania NA. Selective phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors in chronic obstructive lung disease. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2005; 11:129-34.
- Hanania NA, Knobil K, Emmett A, Yates J, Horstman D. The bronchodilator response to salmeterol is maintained with regular, long-term use in patients with COPD. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2005; 18:19-22.
- Guy E, Kirumaki A, Hanania NA. Acute asthma in pregnancy. Crit Care Clin. 2004; 20:731-45.
- Agrawal A, Hanania NA. Managing asthma when It does not get better. Adv Stud Med. 2004; 4(5):235-42.
- Bashoura L, Hanania NA. Confronting challenges of asthma in the elderly. J Respir Dis. 2004; 25(8):310-6.
- Hanania NA, Moore RH. Anti-inflammatory activities of beta2-agonists. Current Drug Targets - Inflammation and Allergy. 2004; 3:271-7.