Our clinicians provide primary and subspecialty diagnostic and health care services for adult patients. The general Internal Medicine section specializes in primary care, general health assessments, and consultation for complex medical problems. The clinical subspecialty sections and research sections provide state-of-the-art consultation, as well as inpatient and outpatient care for patients with specific medical problems.
We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the internal organs. Our experts treat the whole person, and the entire range of conditions, from heart disease, to diabetes, to allergies and autoimmune diseases like arthritis and lupus. Our physicians are also researchers who are developing state-of-the-art treatments for complex problems like cancer, AIDS, and the diseases of aging.
Our physicians see patients in a variety of locations, including:
- Baylor Clinic, a state-of-the-art adult outpatient healthcare facility
- Ben Taub Hospital, the largest hospital in the Harris Health System
- Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, one of the VA's largest hospitals, serving Harris County and 27 surrounding counties
- St. Luke's Medical Center, the primary, private adult hospital affiliate of the College
- Houston Methodist Hospital, one of the nation's largest private, non-profit hospitals
Many of the specialty and subspecialty services at these locations are nationally ranked as sites of premier clinical quality.