Martha P. Mims, M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Hematology and Oncology Section
Associate Professor of Medicine-Hematology/Oncology
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza - BCM285
Houston, Texas 77030
- Ph.D., Rice University, Houston, Texas
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Genetic risk factors for prostate cancer
- Role of oxidative stress in cancer risk
- Iron metabolism
- Hematology and oncology
- Tahir SA, Frolov A, Hayes TG, Mims MP, Miles BJ, Lerner SP, Wheeler TM, Ayala G, Thompson TC and Kadmon D. (2006). Preoperative serum Caveolin-1 as a prognostic marker for recurrence in a radical prostatectomy cohort. Clinical Cancer Research 12:4872-5.
- Pospisilova D, Mims* MP, Nemeth E, Ganz T and Prchal JT (*corresponding author). (2006). DMT1 mutation: response of anemia to darbepoetin administration, implications for hepcidin regulation. Blood 108:404-5.
- Kamble R, Selby S, Mims M, Kharfan-Dabaja M, Ozer H and George J. (2006). Iron overload manifesting as apparent exacerbation of hepatic graft-versus-host disease following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplant 12:506-10.
- Kamble R and Mims MP. (2006). Iron-overload in long-term survivors of hematopoietic transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation 37:805-6.
- Mims MP, Hayes TG, Zheng S, Leal SM, Frolov A, Ittmann M, Wheeler T and Prchal JT. (2006). Mitochondrial DNA G10398A polymorphism and invasive breast cancer in African-American women. Cancer Research 66:1880.
- Mims MP and Prchal JT. (2005). Human DMT1 mutation and mechanism for increased absorption. Blood 106:2221-2.
- Mims MP, Guan Y, Prchal JT, D. Pospisilova, Priwitzerova M, Indrak K, Ponka P and Divoky V. (2005). Identification of the first human mutation of DMT1 (Nramp2) in a patient with microcytic anemia and iron overload. Blood 105:1337-42.