F. Blaine Hollinger, M.D.
Professor of Medicine, Virology and Epidemiology
Director, Eugene B. Casey Hepatitis Research Center
and Diagnostic Laboratory
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza, BCM-385
Houston, TX 77030
- University of Kansas, B.S.
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, M.D.
- University of California Hospital, San Francisco; University of Washington Affiliated Hospital, Seattle; and University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Internal Medicine Residency
- Baylor College of Medicine, NIH Special Fellow, Department of Virology and Epidemiology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Viral hepatitis (all agents)
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Drug-induced hepatitis
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Metabolic liver diseases
- Alcoholic liver diseases
- Blood-borne pathogens
- Immunopathogenesis of viral hepatitis
- Early stages of hepatitis C infection and virus structure
- Replication of hepatitis C virus in culture and small animal models
- Safety of the U.S. blood supply
- Occult hepatitis B and C infection