Khozema Hussain, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center
2002 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030
- Dow Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan, M.B.B.S.
- Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, Internal Medicine Residency
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, Bronx VA Medical Center, Gastroenterology Fellowship
- University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, General and Transplant Hepatology Fellowship
Clinical and Research Interests
- Chronic Viral Hepatitis (HBV & HCV)
- Cirrhosis and its complications
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Liver transplantation and management of transplant recipients
- Treatment of recurrent HCV infection in liver transplant recipients
- Osteopenia and osteoporosis in liver transplant candidates
- Antiviral therapy in chronic HBV infection