Baylor College of Medicine is now offering an Emergency Medicine Residency Training Program that began in July 2010. Our mission is to serve our patients and our community by mentoring the next generation of experts in academia, research and the clinic.
Our focus is providing our residents with as much exposure to the emergency and intensive care environment possible while our curriculum is structured to provide them with time for pursuits of their choosing. We encourage residents to take initiative as we teach them the foundations of emergency medicine, providing the clinical experience necessary to be successful in any of the wide variety of careers in emergency/trauma medicine.
- Approximately 100,000 patient visits per year
- 650 bed Level 1 trauma center
- 80 bed emergency department with dedicated orthopedic, dental, and ophthalmology treatment rooms
- 5 resuscitation rooms for high acuity medical and trauma patients
- Top 20 medical school
- Excellent pediatric training at Texas Children’s Hospital with over 80,000 visits per year
- 30+ EM trained faculty including pediatric emergency medicine
- EMS and Administrative fellowships available with plans to develop Ultrasound, Education, and Research Fellowships
View the Emergency Medicine Residency brochure.