Girish Bobby Kapur, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Chief for Educational Affairs
Residency Program Director
Ben Taub Hospital Emergency Center
1504 Taub Loop
Houston, TX 77030
- Rice University, B.A.
- Baylor College of Medicine, M.D.
- Yale University, Emergency Medicine Residency
- Harvard School of Public Health, M.P.H.
- Harvard Medical School and Brigham Women's Hospital, International Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Emergency Public Health
- International Emergency Medicine
- Bombing Events and Blast Injuries
- Injury Prevention
- Kapur GB and Smith JP (eds). Emergency Public Health: Preparedness and Response. Jones and Bartlett Publishing. Boston. (Publication February 2010).
- Alagappan K, Schafermeyer R, Holliman CJ, Iserson K, MD, Sheridan IA, Kapur GB, Thomas T, Smith J, Bayram J. International Emergency Medicine and the Role for Academic Emergency Medicine. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2007;14:45-56.
- Kapur GB, Hutson HR, Davis MA, Rice PL. The United States Twenty-Year Experience with Bombing Incidents: Implications for Terrorism Preparedness and Medical Response. Journal of Trauma. 2005;59:1436-44.
- Doney MK, Smith J, Kapur GB. Funding Emergency Medicine Development in Low and Middle-Income Countries. Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. 2005;23:45-56.
- Kapur B. A Resident's Night in the ER. In Donaldson R, Lundgren K, and Spiro H (eds.). The Yale Guide to Careers in Medicine and the Health Professions. New Haven, Yale University Press, 2003, pp. 127-33.
- Kapur B, Stal S, Spira M, Gherardini G. Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. In Weinzweig J (ed): Plastic Surgery Secrets. Philadelphia, Hanley & Belfus, 1999, pp 45-51.