Morali D. Sharma, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
1709 Dryden, Suite 6.43 (MS: BCM620)
Houston, TX 77030
- M.B.B.S.: Baroda Medical College, Baroda, India, 1983
- Resident: Internal Medicine, Sayaji General Hospital (affiliated with M.S. University of Baroda, India), 1983-86
- Resident: Internal Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, 1987-90
- Research Fellow: Occupational Medicine and Toxicology, University of California, San Francisco, 1984-85
- Fellow: Endocrinology and Metabolism, Baylor College of Medicine, 1990-93
- Research Fellow: Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California, San Diego, 1993-94
- Diabetes, thyroid, pituitary and adrenal disease
- Comprehensive care of patients with calcium and bone diseases including osteoporosis
- Thyroid ultrasound and ultrasound-guided thyroid biopsies
Sharma MD, Farmer JA and Garber A. Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular risk factors. Current Medical Research and Opinion Vol. 27, No. S3, 2011, 1-5.
Salvatori R, Nachtigall LB, Cook DM, Bonert V, Molitch ME, Blethen S, Chang S; SALSA Study Group. Effectiveness of self- or partner-administration of an extended-release aqueous-gel formulation of lanreotide in lanreotide-naïve patients with acromegaly. Pituitary. 2010 Jun;13(2):115-22 PMCID: PMC2855862
Sharma MD. Role of saxagliptin as monotherapy or adjunct therapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2010 May 25;6:233-7. PMCID: PMC2878957
Sharma MD and Garber AJ. Basal Insulin Progression to Premix or Rapid-Acting Analog - Options for Intensification and the Use of pumps. US Endocrinology 2010.
Sharma MD and Garber AJ. What is the best treatment for prediabetes? Curr Diab Rep. 2009 Oct;9(5):335-41 PMID: 19793502
Sharma MD, Garber AJ and Farmer JA. Role of insulin signaling in maintaining energy homeostasis. Endocr Pract. 2008 Apr;14(3):373-80. PMID: 18463047
Garber AJ and Sharma MD. Update: vildagliptin for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2008 Jan;17(1):105-13. PMID: 18095923