Fareed M. Khan, M.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Residency Program Director
- MBBS Dow Medical College, Karachi Pakistan, 1987
- Internal Medicine/General Surgery Internships, Civic Hospital in Karachi, Pakistan 1987- 1988
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene from the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, 1989
- Residency in Transitional Medicine, St. Joseph Hospital in Houston 1996-97
- Residency in Family Medicine, Christus St. Joseph Hospital in Houston 1999
- Chief Resident, Family Medicine, Christus St. Joseph Hospital in Houston 1998 –1999
Dr. Khan was born and raised in Karachi, Pakistan. As a medical student and intern he was involved in a famine relief organization working in the Tharparkar Desert Region of Pakistan. Dr. Khan joined the Department of Family and Community Medicine in 1999. Prior to becoming PD, Dr. Khan was actively involved with both the Predoctoral program and the International Health program within the department. He serves on the Board of Baylor Shoulder to Shoulder, a non profit that benefits rural Honduras. He travels to Honduras at least once a year with the Baylor students on mission trips.