International Health Program
- Northwest Residency Track - International Health Focus
- International Family Medicine Residents
- International Health Lecture Series
- Houston Shoulder to Shoulder Foundation
- International Consultation in Primary Care, Family Health and Family Medicine
- Collaboration with the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) / World Health Organization (WHO)
The current environment in the United States and in the world demands increased commitment towards providing comprehensive health care to all people. The Department of Family and Community Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine recognizes its responsibility for contributing towards global health and is committed to participating in clinical, educational and research activities that have global impact.
The goals of our department are to promote health and quality of life, expose national and international colleagues to the principles and practice of family medicine, promote faculty and professional development in the area of primary care education and service, and create opportunities for research and dissemination of information between the department and the institutions with which we establish exchange relationships.