Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee
The committee was established to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Department in line with the mission of Baylor College of Medicine. It will ensure a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces authenticity and provides equitable access to opportunities.
- Assess the departmental climate among faculty, residents, advanced practice providers, and staff members
- Assist in the recruitment of faculty and trainees
- Develop and share best practices for the education of learners and training of a diverse workforce in diversity, equity, and inclusion topics
- Facilitate diversity and health equity research and quality initiatives
- Plan community engagement and service learning opportunities for the department