Francis T. F. Tsai, D.Phil.
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology
- D.Phil., 1997, Biochemistry, University of Oxford, UK
- Postdoctoral training, 1996-2000, Molecular Biophysics, Yale University
- Associate of the Royal College of Science
- Wellcome Trust International Prize Travelling Fellow
- Scientist of the American Heart Association
Structure and Function of Macromolecular Machines and Multi-component Assemblies
The focus of our research is to investigate the molecular and structural basis of human disease. We are using a multi-pronged approach that combines molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology and functional proteomics techniques to provide a detailed mechanistic understanding of the underlying molecular events. Current projects include ATP-dependent molecular machines, transcription regulatory complexes and multi-component assemblies involved in DNA repair.