Residency Frequently Asked Questions
- How often are residents on call?
- How many hours do residents work each week?
- How much time do residents get for vacation?
- How much time do residents get for meetings?
- What sort of anesthetics does the department provide in a typical year?
- What are the fringe benefits?
|Location||Beds||Operating Rooms||Annual Anesthetics
|Ben Taub Hospital||551||-||-|
|OR - Ben Taub||-||11||5,700|
|OB - Ben Taub||-||8||3,000|
|The Methodist Hospital||1,527||-||-|
|Methodist - Fondren Brown||-||10||4,900|
|Methodist - Access Center||-||39||1,600|
|Texas Children's Hospital||456||13||6,156|
|Veterans Affairs Medical Center||512||14||2,462|
|M. D. Anderson Cancer Center||417||22||400|
Houston has a lower cost of living than other major metropolitan areas. In fact, many of the residents in our department own their own homes.
Departmental supplemented benefits include provision of a white coat, pager, and textbooks. A portion of educational meeting expenses may be paid by the department.