CARES ACT HEERF Funding for Students
Baylor College of Medicine has been awarded $253,002 of CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) to use towards emergency funding for students. More information about this funding is available here.
Keep Learning and Teaching
Baylor College of Medicine is adapting to how we deliver our essential education programs to meet current challenges. Students, residents, fellows, postdocs, faculty and staff are encouraged to visit this page daily to stay up to up-to-date with the latest news from the College on changes to educational programs and procedures during this time.
- COVID-19 Employee/Learner Resources
- Important Resources for Faculty, Staff and Trainees (Baylor log-in required)
- Well-Being Index (Invitation code required)
- Wellness Resources & What to do if you think you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Social Media Guidelines for COVID-19 (Baylor log-in required)
Resources for Students
- CARES Act HEERF Funding
- Student Wellness Services
- BCM LIFE
- Student Commons Archive (Baylor log-in required)
- Baylor Sponsored Community Service Projects
- Student Activities Facebook Group
- Student Handbooks and Academic Policies
- Student Disability Services
- Administrative Support Services
- Academic Excellence Services
- Well-being and Creativity During COVID-19: Share Your Reflections
Wellness Resources for Residents, Fellows, Postdocs and Educators
- Employee Assistance Program - Mental Health Services (Baylor log-in required)
- BCM BeWell Program (Baylor log-in required)
- Telemedicine Options (Baylor log-in required)
For Residents, Fellows, Faculty and Staff Engaged in Clinical Care
The Coronavirus Messages for Clinical Operations web pages contain important information about clinical operations, required training, forms, protocols and guidelines. Everyone in the Baylor community working with patients is encouraged to check these pages regularly for updates.
Additional Coronavirus Information Sources
The Coronavirus Messages For the Baylor Community web pages contain important updates for everyone in the Baylor community as well as an archive of messages that have been sent out by the Incident Command Center.
COVID-19 Exposure/Work Guidelines for faculty, residents, fellows and staff. (March, 23, 2020 - Baylor login required)
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences has set up a BCM Box folder with information for graduate students including procedures for TACs, QE, and Defences as well as archived emails from the School leadership. View Box folder. (Baylor login required)
Students in the School of Medicine have set up a BCM Box folder in which they are organizing important information from School leadership and the College for easier reference for all medical students. View Box folder. (Baylor login required)
Messages to Learners and Educators in the Baylor Community
- June 5, 2020: Diversity and Inclusion During COVID-19
- June 2, 2020: Mandatory CMS Education
- May 29, 2020: GME Virtual Recruitment Update
- May 27, 2020: Important Update on SRNA students
- May 21, 2020: Important information on re-entry of students into the clinical learning environment
- May 19, 2020: Assistance Needed for Program Virtual Recruitment and Interview Season
- May 14, 2020: ERAS 2021 Registration Season
- May 14, 2020: Expanded symptom screening stations, app and website at all buildings Monday.
- May 14, 2020: Medical Student Admissions and Away Rotations/Visiting Student Update -- National guidelines for School of Medicine admissions, away rotations and visiting students.
- May 12, 2020: Incident Command Center -- Important changes to travel restrictions.
- April 21, 2020: Important GME onboarding notice -- Required quarantine for incoming resident and fellow physicians
- April 10, 2020: GME COVID-19 Update -- Guidance for training and patient care; vacation and travel guidelines; wellness; parking.
- April 3, 2020: GME COVID-19 Update -- Update for GME community on the expansion of the Education Mission Subcommittee of the ICC, GME travel guidelines, surge planning, wellness resources and parking
- April 1, 2020: Commencement Update - Letter to 2020 Graduates
- March 27, 2020: Incident Command Center COVID-19 Update - March 27 (Baylor login required) -- Update for BCM Medical (MD) and Physician Assistant (PA) Students on Clinical Rotations
- March 25, 2020: Reminder: GME Onboarding Important Dates for Academic Year 2020-2021 -- Reminders for GME program coordinators
- March 18, 2020: Letter from the ACGME -- Updates for GME program directors and coordinators.
- March 18, 2020: Important Update for GSBS Students -- Update on research for graduate students along with information on classes and resources.
- March 18, 2020: Important Update for Graduate Student Mentors -- Options for mentors to consider for their students.
- March 18, 2020: Important Update for Mentors of Research Rotation (Graduate) Students -- Suggestions for continuing students' training.
- March 17, 2020: Update for Medical and Health Professions Students -- Notice of suspension of involvement in clinical services.
- March 13, 2020: Revised Screening Process at MEDVAMC
- March 12, 2020: Regarding Participation of Resident and Fellow Physicians in COVID-19 Cases
- March 11, 2020: Important Baylor Medicine Information About COVID-19 Screening -- Communications about front desk screening, phone call protocol, in-clinic testing, and staff education
- March 9, 2020: Coronavirus Preparedness Update No. 2 for Residents and Fellows
Academic Resources for Faculty and Students
This list of resources and contacts is for students, residents, fellows, postdocs, faculty and staff who need to find resources or who have questions related to learning, teaching or academic administrative issues.