Simulation Core COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Simulation Core has issued the following safety guidelines for simulation events offered on campus in our labs. Email Rachelle.Colburn@bcm.edu for more information.
- Planning On-Site Simulation Events: Safety Guidelines for Reopening On-site Simulation Labs
- Clinical Skills Event Participants: Safety Guidelines for On-Site Events in the Clinical Skills Lab
- Procedural Skills Event Participants: Safety Guidelines for On-Site Events in the Procedural Skills Lab
OHP continue to work / train and return to work / train guidelines for students
These are guidelines for returning to training to help you determine your course of action if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have had an exposure.
COVID-19 Educator Toolbox
Resources for clinical educators are now available in this BCM Box folder. (Box login required)
Study spaces are available on campus and at the TMC Library. See locations.
Requests from students for access to campus for study purposes should be submitted via this request form.
CARES ACT HEERF Funding for Students
Baylor College of Medicine has been awarded $253,002 of CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) to use towards emergency funding for students. More information about this funding is available here.
Keep Learning and Teaching
Baylor College of Medicine is adapting to how we deliver our essential education programs to meet current challenges. Students, residents, fellows, postdocs, faculty and staff are encouraged to visit this page daily to stay up to up-to-date with the latest news from the College on changes to educational programs and procedures during this time.
- Coronavirus Messages for the Baylor Community
- Important Resources for Faculty, Staff and Trainees (Baylor log-in required)
- Well-Being Index (Invitation code required)
- Wellness Resources & What to do if you think you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Social Media Guidelines for COVID-19 (Baylor log-in required)
Resources for Students
- CARES Act HEERF Funding
- Student Wellness Services
- BCM LIFE
- Student Commons Archive (Baylor log-in required)
- Baylor Sponsored Community Service Projects
- Student Activities Facebook Group
- Student Handbooks and Academic Policies
- Student Disability Services
- Administrative Support Services
- Academic Excellence Services
- Well-being and Creativity During COVID-19: Share Your Reflections
Wellness Resources for Residents, Fellows, Postdocs and Educators
- Employee Assistance Program - Mental Health Services (Baylor log-in required)
- BCM BeWell Program (Baylor log-in required)
- Telemedicine Options (Baylor log-in required)
For Residents, Fellows, Faculty and Staff Engaged in Clinical Care
The Coronavirus Messages for Clinical Operations web pages contain important information about clinical operations, required training, forms, protocols and guidelines. Everyone in the Baylor community working with patients is encouraged to check these pages regularly for updates.
Additional Coronavirus Information Sources
The Coronavirus Messages For the Baylor Community web pages contain important updates for everyone in the Baylor community as well as an archive of messages that have been sent out by the Incident Command Center.
The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences has set up a BCM Box folder with information for graduate students including procedures for TACs, QE, and Defences as well as archived emails from the School leadership. View Box folder. (Baylor login required)
Students in the School of Medicine have set up a BCM Box folder in which they are organizing important information from School leadership and the College for easier reference for all medical students. View Box folder. (Baylor login required)
Academic Resources for Faculty and Students
This list of resources and contacts is for students, residents, fellows, postdocs, faculty and staff who need to find resources or who have questions related to learning, teaching or academic administrative issues.