You will need to arrive wearing a cloth face covering; if you don’t have one, then you will be given one.
We will be screening all patients and approved visitors upon arrival with temperature checks and an exposure questionnaire.
To minimize risk, we are currently restricting all visitors.
Patients who are able to attend appointments alone should do so. Please make arrangements to attend your appointment by yourself, unless you meet the below criteria:
- One visitor may accompany a patient if one or more of the following apply:
- Patient cannot communicate
- Patient requires a mobility assistant for safety
- Patient requires a parent or guardian (ex: minor or disabled adult)
- It is anticipated that the patient may receive life-altering news (ex: end of life discussions)
- For patients who enter the facility with a visitor not on the above list, the visitor will be asked to return to their car, and they will be contacted when the patient is ready to leave.
- If the patient, provider, and visitor agree, the visitor may listen in on the appointment from their car or home through virtual means, including Skype, FaceTime, and/or phone, providing proper verbal consent is obtained from the patient or the patient’s Legal Representative and included in the visit note.
When you arrive at your appointment and have successfully completed ePreCheckin, please let our front desk staff know that you have arrived in order to fully complete the check-in process.
Please follow signs and markers on the ground in waiting rooms and check-in lines to ensure social distancing.
Thank you for allowing us to care for you during this time. We appreciate
your trust in our care and will do everything we can to support you and
your loved ones.