Your health is a top priority of Baylor Medicine. Learn more about the measures we're taking in our clinics to keep you safe. Don't delay your care.
To provide you with safe, quality care through your visit, our teams follow CDC-recommended precautions and perform frequent hand hygiene. While masks are no longer universally required in most of our clinics, you may be asked to wear a mask in these situations:
- If you have a cough or other respiratory illness symptoms, or have Covid-19 or influenza, you will be asked to wear a mask while in our facilities. If you do not have a face covering, we will provide you with one.
Additionally, we have taken the following measures:
- Wearing personal protective equipment while providing patient care
- Maintaining additional sanitation processes to disinfect all equipment and surfaces.
- Healthcare workers with fever, cough, sore throat, or other COVID-like symptoms are not permitted in any area of our clinics unless seeking care as a patient.
Before Your In-Person Appointment
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 prior to your scheduled appointment, please call your Primary Care Physician’s office. If you do not have a PCP, you may call (713) 798-1000 to schedule with a new physician.
If You Require Testing
- Your provider may schedule a Telehealth visit or have you come into the clinic for a COVID-19 test.
- You also may be referred to test at one of the many available community sites. Additional information can be found at Harris County Testing Locations and Information.
- It is very important to self-quarantine until you receive your test results.
What to Expect During Your In-Person Appointment
When you arrive to your appointment, and have successfully completed ePreCheck-in, please let our front desk staff know that you have arrived in order to fully complete the check-in process.
Patients and visitors with a cough or other respiratory illness, or who have COVID-19 disease, must wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. If you have COVID-19 disease or symptoms on the day of your visit, please alert the front desk upon your arrival.
Thank you for allowing us to care for you during this time. We appreciate your trust in our care and will do everything we can to support you and your loved ones.