Baylor College of Medicine is currently ranked as the top medical school in the country for recycling based on RecycleMania 2015 results! Help us keep our title, recycle even more in 2016, and keep waste out of the landfill. Last year Baylor recycled 96,777 pounds of material during the 8-week challenges – that averages out to about eight pounds per person/per week!
The RecycleMania 2016 competition runs for eight weeks, from Feb. 7 through April 2. Baylor is one of over 400 campuses competing nationwide.
Contact Ashley Ugarte at (713) 798-1051 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Participate and Help Reduce Waste
The following are some ways you can help Baylor College of Medicine reduce waste and participate in the RecycleMania event:
- Requesting recycling bins or sustainability training for your office, department, or lab.
- Ensuring aluminum, plastics (#1 & 2 only), pipette tip boxes and other accepted lab materials (plastic #5 only), and paper/cardboard are recycled into the correct bins.
- Keeping our recycling bins free of contamination - please do not throw straws, bags, gloves, and batteries into the bins.
- Contacting us for e-waste disposal.
- Becoming a volunteer (earn extra vitality points!).
Market Days at Baylor College of Medicine
Don’t have time to make it to the nearest farmers market for great local, organic or sustainable products? BCM Resource Stewardship & Sustainability Program has that problem solved with Market Days at Baylor College of Medicine. Market Days will feature vendor each month with local, organic or sustainable products ranging from food items like cold pressed juices, chocolate, and coffee to home essentials like soap and thrift clothes.
Market Days will take place in Rayzor Lounge on one Wednesday a month, from 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. For questions, vendor suggestions or more information, contact Ashley Ugarte at (713) 798-1051 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Market Days in 2016
- March 2, 2016
- April 13, 2016 (Earth Day Celebration)
- May 11, 2016
- June 8, 2016
- July 13, 2016