A Safety Study of NNZ-2566 in Patients With Rett Syndrome (H-30628)
A Phase II Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Dose-Escalation Study of NNZ-2566 in Rett Syndrome
Do you have a child with Rett syndrome? If so, your child may be eligible to participate in a research study at Texas Children’s Hospital. Researchers at Texas Children’s Hospital want to learn about a new medication for Rett syndrome.
Would the study be a good fit for your child?
• Yes if your child has a diagnosis of Rett syndrome
• Yes if your child is a female between 16-45 years old
• Yes if your child is able to swallow a liquid or have a gastrostomy tube
What will happen if your child takes part in this research study?
Your child will:
• Stay at Texas Children’s Hospital for 6 days with 34 days follow up
• Be given medication or a placebo (fake medication)
• Have blood and laboratory sampling
• Have brain activity monitored
• Have heart activity monitored
• Have Rett syndrome symptoms monitored
Participation comes at no cost to the family. Research is always voluntary!
This study is sponsored by Neuren Pharmaceuticals Ltd and supported by International Rett Syndrome Foundation (IRSF).
For more information: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01703533