Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Finding genes that regulate fat storage by special label-free microscopyJan 31, 2011
- Eight new genes that regulate fat storage found with new technique.
- Older adults can fight frailty through resistance weight trainingSep 30, 2010
- Resistance weight training the only way to slow down loss of lean muscle mass, BCM expert says.
- Genetic parsing of precursor protein gives clues to Alzheimer's diseaseSep 29, 2010
- BCM researchers looking into information that would determine Alzheimer's drug development
- Older adults express anxiety in different waysSep 2, 2010
- Anxiety in older adults identified in different ways than youths.
- Tips for traveling with older adultsJul 29, 2010
- Planning needed for traveling with older adults.
- Elimination of tumor suppressor C/EBP alpha explains cancer in aging liverJul 18, 2010
- New cancer therapies could come from understanding tumor suppressor protein.
- New type of pneumococcal infection dominates in wake of vaccineFeb 22, 2010
- New strain pneumococcal infection rises after vaccine's reduce previous variant.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.