Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Aging can affect response to warm weatherJun 27, 2011
- Baylor College of Medicine expert offers tips for helping older adults cope with the heat.
- Postmenopausal bleeding could be sign of endometrial cancerApr 18, 2011
- Bleeding post menopause could be sign of endometrial cancer, BCM expert says.
- Get through menopause by reevaluating your health care needsApr 18, 2011
- Menopause can affect women's health needs in a variety of ways.
- Mood changes triggered by menopauseApr 18, 2011
- BCM expert offers insight into symptoms of menopause.
- Finding genes that regulate fat storage by special label-free microscopyJan 31, 2011
- Eight new genes that regulate fat storage found with new technique.
- Older adults can fight frailty through resistance weight trainingSep 30, 2010
- Resistance weight training the only way to slow down loss of lean muscle mass, BCM expert says.
- Genetic parsing of precursor protein gives clues to Alzheimer's diseaseSep 29, 2010
- BCM researchers looking into information that would determine Alzheimer's drug development
- Older adults express anxiety in different waysSep 2, 2010
- Anxiety in older adults identified in different ways than youths.
- Tips for traveling with older adultsJul 29, 2010
- Planning needed for traveling with older adults.
- Elimination of tumor suppressor C/EBP alpha explains cancer in aging liverJul 18, 2010
- New cancer therapies could come from understanding tumor suppressor protein.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.