Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Huffington Center on Aging highlightsNov 4, 2013
- See the Huffington Center on Aging's highlights in research, education and clinical care over the past 25 years.
- Huffington Center on Aging celebrates 25th anniversary Nov 4, 2013
- After a quarter century, aging center is still young at heart.
- Huffington Foundation gives $5 million to Neurodegeneration ConsortiumAug 14, 2013
- Baylor College of Medicine part of consortium gifted $5 million from the Huffington Foundation to study and treat Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease research registry in the worksJul 19, 2013
- The Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorder Center at Baylor College of Medicine has begun developing a registry of people in the Houston area who might be interested in participating in future Alzheimer’s disease prevention research.
- Adding fish oil or lutein/zeaxanthin recommended supplement cocktail does not slow vision loss from macular degenerationMay 6, 2013
- BCM researchers find taking fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids with other vitamins does not slow vision destroying macular degeneration.
- Correcting glutathione deficiency improves impaired mitochondrial fat burning, insulin resistance in agingApr 2, 2013
- Research could open possibilities to improve metabolic health in older people.
- Huffington Health Forum addresses important aging topicsMar 26, 2013
- Forum will be held April 3 at River Oaks Country Club.
- Grant funds study of the aging processDec 20, 2012
- BCM researchers to examine improving length, quality of life for future generations.
- Flu vaccine covers new strainsOct 8, 2012
- Vaccine proven to quite effective in preventing complications from the influenza virus.
- Minutes matter in treating sepsis infectionSep 12, 2012
- Sepsis is most common and dangerous in the elderly and those who have weakened immune systems.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.