Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Dr. Rachelle Doody to give “Update on Alzheimer’s Disease” lecture Sep 24, 2015
- The Houston community will have an opportunity to hear one of the leading researchers on Alzheimer’s disease discuss the latest research on the disease at the annual “Update on Alzheimer’s Disease” lecture.
- Experts say now is the time to be vaccinated against the fluSep 16, 2015
- Baylor expert says flu vaccination provides direct benefit to those who are vaccinated and starts to provide indirect benefits to those who are not vaccinated but are vulnerable.
- Use holiday visit to check on health of elderly relativesDec 12, 2014
- While visiting elderly relatives over the holidays, be on the lookout for some tell-tale signs of declining health, said Baylor College of Medicine geriatric expert Dr. Robert Roush.
- Dysfunctional precursor protein impairs making of new neurons in brainOct 8, 2014
- Without functioning amyloid precursor protein, neurons do not form proper morphology and cannot integrate into the existing networks.
- Grant funds anxiety intervention in older adultsSep 23, 2014
- Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine have received $2.1 million for a research project focusing on identifying and providing interventions for anxiety in older adults.
- Huffington Center on Aging highlightsNov 4, 2013
- See the Huffington Center on Aging's highlights in research, education and clinical care over the past 25 years.
- Huffington Center on Aging celebrates 25th anniversary Nov 4, 2013
- After a quarter century, aging center is still young at heart.
- Huffington Foundation gives $5 million to Neurodegeneration ConsortiumAug 14, 2013
- Baylor College of Medicine part of consortium gifted $5 million from the Huffington Foundation to study and treat Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease research registry in the worksJul 19, 2013
- The Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorder Center at Baylor College of Medicine has begun developing a registry of people in the Houston area who might be interested in participating in future Alzheimer’s disease prevention research.
- Adding fish oil or lutein/zeaxanthin recommended supplement cocktail does not slow vision loss from macular degenerationMay 6, 2013
- BCM researchers find taking fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids with other vitamins does not slow vision destroying macular degeneration.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.