Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Dr. Meng Wang honored with 2017 Edith and Peter O’Donnell AwardDec 7, 2016
- Dr. Meng Wang has been awarded the 2017 Edith and Peter O’Donnell Award in Medicine, recognizing her as a rising star researchers in Texas.
- Traveling can be very good for the elderly when planned correctlyNov 16, 2016
- Holiday travel can be rewarding at any age, but it can be an extra special occasion for the elderly.
- Study reveals potential new strategy to prevent Alzheimer’s diseaseOct 6, 2016
- Taking a pill that prevents the accumulation of toxic molecules in the brain might someday help prevent or delay Alzheimer’s disease, according to a new study.
- Higher flu vaccine suggested for adults over the age of 65Oct 5, 2016
- For elderly adults, getting a flu shot is essential to maintaining good health.
- Baylor College of Medicine researcher awarded NIH New Innovator AwardOct 4, 2016
- Dr. Melanie Samuel has been awarded the New Innovator Award by National Institutes of Health through its High-Risk, High-Reward Research program.
- Dr. Meng Wang awarded Pioneer Award from National Institutes of HealthOct 4, 2016
- The National Institutes of Health Pioneer Award will support Dr. Meng Wang's work in identifying new strategies to improve human health and longevity.
- Baylor College of Medicine expert says prepare for flu season nowSep 12, 2016
- It takes about one to two weeks after receiving the vaccine to have full protection, meaning now is the time to get vaccinated.
- School-time stress isn’t just for studentsSep 8, 2016
- Grandparents can play an important role in their grandchildren’s life during the school year, which can lead to stress.
- No age should be considered too old to go back to school Aug 17, 2016
- With the school year drawing near, Dr. Angela Cati says it’s never too late to go back to school - even for people over 50.
- Dr. Melanie Samuel awarded grant to further study molecular targets for repairing nervous system injuryJul 8, 2016
- An $80,000 grant will help launch Dr. Melanie Samuel's research into the best approach for nervous system injury repair.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.