Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Baylor College of Medicine researcher awarded NIH New Innovator AwardOct 4, 2016
- Dr. Melanie Samuel has been awarded the New Innovator Award by National Institutes of Health through its High-Risk, High-Reward Research program.
- Dr. Meng Wang awarded Pioneer Award from National Institutes of HealthOct 4, 2016
- The National Institutes of Health Pioneer Award will support Dr. Meng Wang's work in identifying new strategies to improve human health and longevity.
- Baylor College of Medicine expert says prepare for flu season nowSep 12, 2016
- It takes about one to two weeks after receiving the vaccine to have full protection, meaning now is the time to get vaccinated.
- School-time stress isn’t just for studentsSep 8, 2016
- Grandparents can play an important role in their grandchildren’s life during the school year, which can lead to stress.
- No age should be considered too old to go back to school Aug 17, 2016
- With the school year drawing near, Dr. Angela Cati says it’s never too late to go back to school - even for people over 50.
- Dr. Melanie Samuel awarded grant to further study molecular targets for repairing nervous system injuryJul 8, 2016
- An $80,000 grant will help launch Dr. Melanie Samuel's research into the best approach for nervous system injury repair.
- Dr. Rachelle Doody to give “Update on Alzheimer’s Disease” lecture Sep 24, 2015
- The Houston community will have an opportunity to hear one of the leading researchers on Alzheimer’s disease discuss the latest research on the disease at the annual “Update on Alzheimer’s Disease” lecture.
- Experts say now is the time to be vaccinated against the fluSep 16, 2015
- Baylor expert says flu vaccination provides direct benefit to those who are vaccinated and starts to provide indirect benefits to those who are not vaccinated but are vulnerable.
- Use holiday visit to check on health of elderly relativesDec 12, 2014
- While visiting elderly relatives over the holidays, be on the lookout for some tell-tale signs of declining health, said Baylor College of Medicine geriatric expert Dr. Robert Roush.
- Dysfunctional precursor protein impairs making of new neurons in brainOct 8, 2014
- Without functioning amyloid precursor protein, neurons do not form proper morphology and cannot integrate into the existing networks.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.