Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- INSiGHT identifies unique retinal regulatory genesAug 29, 2018
- Researches at Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital and the Hospital for Sick Children have developed a new platform called INSiGHT that enables them to uncover new regulators of retina neurons.
- Cruise into summer vacation with these travel tipsJun 7, 2018
- Dr. Angela Catic shares her tips on how elderly and their family members should plan in advance for their cruise trips.
- Why letting go may be best for your loved oneApr 25, 2018
- Although it can be a difficult decision to make, an expert at Baylor College of Medicine says keeping loved ones comfortable during their last days may be the best option to avoid painful and unhelpful interventions.
- Holidays and hearing loss: How to enjoy time with familyNov 16, 2017
- For people who suffer from hearing loss, loud family gatherings over the holidays can cause frustration, confusion and even isolation.
- Keep an eye on elderly family members this holiday season Nov 15, 2017
- Dr. Angela Catic gives tips on signs and symptoms to look for when traveling with or visiting an elder adult.
- Staying hydrated is key for elder adults this summerJun 22, 2017
- As temperatures continue to rise, the risk of heat exhaustion, heat stroke and dehydration also increase among adults 65 years of age and older.
- Gut bacteria might one day help slow down aging processJun 15, 2017
- Slowing down the aging process might be possible one day with supplements derived from gut bacteria.
- Tips help seniors prepare for natural disastersJun 8, 2017
- Dr. Angela Catic says having medical information readily available is key to being prepared for a hurricane, especially for elder adults who may live alone or with a caregiver.
- Weight loss, exercise can reduce frailty in obese older adultsMay 17, 2017
- Researchers find that weight loss plus combined aerobic and resistance training provided greater improvement in physical function and reduction of frailty in older obese adults.
- ‘Silent seizures’ found in patients with Alzheimer’s diseaseMay 1, 2017
- Discovery of ‘Silent seizures’ provides a better understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and can potentially lead to new treatments.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.