Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- ‘Silent seizures’ found in patients with Alzheimer’s diseaseMay 1, 2017
- Discovery of ‘Silent seizures’ provides a better understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and can potentially lead to new treatments.
- Age isn’t only reason hair starts to go grayFeb 16, 2017
- Although the thought of aging and going gray may be daunting, Dr. Rajani Katta says there are several factors that play a role in developing gray hair.
- Older adults advised to make smart sexual health choicesFeb 9, 2017
- STDs can have a significant impact on the health of elders because they are often diagnosed late due to lack of frequent screening.
- Study shows link between Hepatitis C virus, multiple cancersJan 26, 2017
- Dr. Jennifer Kramer and colleagues examine the link between HCV and other cancers within the U.S. elderly population.
- Quick test helps identify frailty in bedbound elderlyDec 15, 2016
- For older adults who are hospitalized for ground-level falls, their level of frailty can be an important indicator of adverse health outcomes upon discharge.
- Adult children should pay closer attention to elderly parents during holiday visits Dec 14, 2016
- The holidays are a practical time to check on mom and dad’s health and perhaps schedule much needed doctor appointments, according to Dr. Robert Roush, professor of medicine-geriatrics.
- Dr. Meng Wang honored with 2017 Edith and Peter O’Donnell AwardDec 7, 2016
- Dr. Meng Wang has been awarded the 2017 Edith and Peter O’Donnell Award in Medicine, recognizing her as a rising star researchers in Texas.
- Traveling can be very good for the elderly when planned correctlyNov 16, 2016
- Holiday travel can be rewarding at any age, but it can be an extra special occasion for the elderly.
- Study reveals potential new strategy to prevent Alzheimer’s diseaseOct 6, 2016
- Taking a pill that prevents the accumulation of toxic molecules in the brain might someday help prevent or delay Alzheimer’s disease, according to a new study.
- Higher flu vaccine suggested for adults over the age of 65Oct 5, 2016
- For elderly adults, getting a flu shot is essential to maintaining good health.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.