Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Warning signs of fraud this holiday seasonNov 21, 2018
- An expert at Baylor College of Medicine shares tips on what to look for when dealing with a fraudster.
- Fall prevention key to avoiding injuryNov 12, 2018
- In sports it’s said that the best offense is a good defense, and that can be true for falls too – two orthopedic surgeons offer prevention tips and discuss common injuries that can occur when people fall.
- Baylor hosts Update on Alzheimer’s Disease lectureOct 26, 2018
- Experts will present the latest in research and information for patients and caregivers at the annual “Update on Alzheimer’s Disease” lecture Nov. 8.
- Study offers novel approach to geriatric person-centered careOct 3, 2018
- In a study published today in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, researchers describe ways to make person-centered care more actionable for older people.
- Grant addresses cognitive decline in aging populationSep 12, 2018
- A new grant is looking at designing a smart home environment powered by a wearable device and connected smart tags that would help monitor day-to-day tasks of a dementia patient.
- INSiGHT identifies unique retinal regulatory genesAug 29, 2018
- Researches at Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital and the Hospital for Sick Children have developed a new platform called INSiGHT that enables them to uncover new regulators of retina neurons.
- Cruise into summer vacation with these travel tipsJun 7, 2018
- Dr. Angela Catic shares her tips on how elderly and their family members should plan in advance for their cruise trips.
- Why letting go may be best for your loved oneApr 25, 2018
- Although it can be a difficult decision to make, an expert at Baylor College of Medicine says keeping loved ones comfortable during their last days may be the best option to avoid painful and unhelpful interventions.
- Holidays and hearing loss: How to enjoy time with familyNov 16, 2017
- For people who suffer from hearing loss, loud family gatherings over the holidays can cause frustration, confusion and even isolation.
- Keep an eye on elderly family members this holiday season Nov 15, 2017
- Dr. Angela Catic gives tips on signs and symptoms to look for when traveling with or visiting an elder adult.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.