Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Moderate dose of novel form of stress promotes longevityJul 10, 2019
- A team of researchers found that a newly described form of stress called chromatin architectural defect triggers a response in cells that could lead to a longer life.
- Grant from HRSA to establish Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement ProgramJul 10, 2019
- Baylor College of Medicine’s Department of Medicine has been awarded a grant from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration that will focus on integrating geriatrics into primary care training.
- Stabilizing chromosome ends may treat age-related diseaseMar 28, 2019
- A study led by researchers at Baylor College of Medicine has uncovered a new strategy that can potentially treat age-related disease and decline.
- Researchers uncover intracellular longevity pathwayJan 31, 2019
- The search for clues on how to live healthier, longer lives has led researchers at Baylor College of Medicine to look inside the cells of the worm Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Volunteers needed for Alzheimer’s researchDec 11, 2018
- Researchers are seeking clinical trial volunteers for new Alzheimer’s disease prevention and treatment studies.
- Warning signs of fraud this holiday seasonNov 21, 2018
- An expert at Baylor College of Medicine shares tips on what to look for when dealing with a fraudster.
- Fall prevention key to avoiding injuryNov 12, 2018
- In sports it’s said that the best offense is a good defense, and that can be true for falls too – two orthopedic surgeons offer prevention tips and discuss common injuries that can occur when people fall.
- Baylor hosts Update on Alzheimer’s Disease lectureOct 26, 2018
- Experts will present the latest in research and information for patients and caregivers at the annual “Update on Alzheimer’s Disease” lecture Nov. 8.
- Study offers novel approach to geriatric person-centered careOct 3, 2018
- In a study published today in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, researchers describe ways to make person-centered care more actionable for older people.
- Grant addresses cognitive decline in aging populationSep 12, 2018
- A new grant is looking at designing a smart home environment powered by a wearable device and connected smart tags that would help monitor day-to-day tasks of a dementia patient.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.