Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Religious coping’s impact on older adults with depressionDec 18, 2019
- Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine and the University of Texas at Austin studied the effects of religious coping and its correlation with the treatment of psychotherapeutic depression in older adults.
- Link between herpes virus infections, Alzheimer’s refutedDec 18, 2019
- Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine report today in the journal Neuron evidence that refutes the link between increased levels of herpes virus and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Baylor researchers Wang, Lichtarge named 2019 AAAS FellowsNov 26, 2019
- Two Baylor College of Medicine researchers have been named 2019 Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Model senior care community to be established in YangzhouNov 4, 2019
- A delegation from Baylor College of Medicine met with Jun Xiang, chairman of KongSun Holding Limited, to discuss a plan for a senior care community and medical park in Yangzhou in Jiangsu Province, China.
- Annual Update on Alzheimer’s Disease Lecture at BaylorOct 21, 2019
- Researchers are studying better ways to evaluate, diagnosis and treat Alzheimer’s Disease and will present the latest research for patients and caregivers at a free Nov. 6 lecture.
- Patient Priorities Care provides easier care for older adultsOct 7, 2019
- Patient Priorities Care is a demonstration program that provides a new approach to care for older adults with multiple chronic conditions by focusing on their health goals and values.
- Grant funds study on cardiovascular disease, agingSep 5, 2019
- The National Institutes of Health’s Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute has awarded Dr. Christie Ballantyne a $6 million grant to begin research to better understand how mutations contribute to atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases.
- Postnatal overnutrition linked to agingAug 26, 2019
- Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine have found a new answer to an old question: how can overnutrition during infancy lead to long-lasting health problems such as diabetes?
- Loss of ataxin-1 gene linked to Alzheimer’s disease riskAug 22, 2019
- A collaborative study reveals the ataxin-1 gene, which is known to cause the rare neurodegenerative disease called spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 (SCA1), can increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease in a mouse model of the condition.
- Top three tips to prevent early signs of agingJul 18, 2019
- Dr. Rajani Katta, a dermatologist and clinical faculty member at Baylor College of Medicine, offers three major ways to combat signs of aging no matter how old you are.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.