Arianna Huffington Offers Words of Wisdom on HCOA's 30th Anniversary
The Huffington Center on Aging at Baylor College of Medicine celebrated its 30th anniversary Oct. 17 with a special address from author and digital news visionary Arianna Huffington.
- Model senior care community to be established in YangzhouNov 4, 2019
- A delegation from Baylor College of Medicine met with Jun Xiang, chairman of KongSun Holding Limited, to discuss a plan for a senior care community and medical park in Yangzhou in Jiangsu Province, China.
- Annual Update on Alzheimer’s Disease Lecture at BaylorOct 21, 2019
- Researchers are studying better ways to evaluate, diagnosis and treat Alzheimer’s Disease and will present the latest research for patients and caregivers at a free Nov. 6 lecture.
- Patient Priorities Care provides easier care for older adultsOct 7, 2019
- Patient Priorities Care is a demonstration program that provides a new approach to care for older adults with multiple chronic conditions by focusing on their health goals and values.
- Grant funds study on cardiovascular disease, agingSep 5, 2019
- The National Institutes of Health’s Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute has awarded Dr. Christie Ballantyne a $6 million grant to begin research to better understand how mutations contribute to atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases.
- Postnatal overnutrition linked to agingAug 26, 2019
- Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine have found a new answer to an old question: how can overnutrition during infancy lead to long-lasting health problems such as diabetes?
- Loss of ataxin-1 gene linked to Alzheimer’s disease riskAug 22, 2019
- A collaborative study reveals the ataxin-1 gene, which is known to cause the rare neurodegenerative disease called spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 (SCA1), can increase the risk of Alzheimer’s disease in a mouse model of the condition.
- Top three tips to prevent early signs of agingJul 18, 2019
- Dr. Rajani Katta, a dermatologist and clinical faculty member at Baylor College of Medicine, offers three major ways to combat signs of aging no matter how old you are.
- Moderate dose of novel form of stress promotes longevityJul 10, 2019
- A team of researchers found that a newly described form of stress called chromatin architectural defect triggers a response in cells that could lead to a longer life.
- Grant from HRSA to establish Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement ProgramJul 10, 2019
- Baylor College of Medicine’s Department of Medicine has been awarded a grant from the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration that will focus on integrating geriatrics into primary care training.
- Stabilizing chromosome ends may treat age-related diseaseMar 28, 2019
- A study led by researchers at Baylor College of Medicine has uncovered a new strategy that can potentially treat age-related disease and decline.
HCOA Development Board Celebration and Plaque Dedication
The Huffington Center on Aging recognizes its Development Board members as they continue their commitment and dedication to the Center as Huffington Center as Lifetime Ambassadors. View photos from the event below.