Gliogene in the News
- The genomics of brain cancer
This Nature article featuring an interview with Gliogene PI Dr. Bondy discusses the genetic basis of brain cancer
- Searching for the roots of brain cancer
Dr. Bondy is interviewed by Nature regarding the etiology of brain cancer
- The Brain Cancer That Keeps Killing Baseball Players
Dr. Bondy, PI of Gliogene, is interviewed for her expertise on brain cancer in this New York Times article on glioblastoma in baseball players.
- Study shows that certain brain tumors may run in families
The Houston Chronicle discusses some of the results of Gliogene.
- Sisters Search for Link After Rare Cancer Hits Family Twice
ABC News discusses Gliogene with Dr. Bondy
- In the genes: Family quests for glioblastoma answers
When glioblastoma hit their family for a second time, sisters Hadley Rierson and Carrie Lebovich teamed up with Baylor College of Medicine’s Dr. Melissa Bondy. Read the full story.
- New study identifies first gene associated with familial glioma
An international consortium of researchers led by Baylor College of Medicine has identified for the first time a gene associated with familial glioma (brain tumors that appear in two or more members of the same family) providing new support that certain people may be genetically predisposed to the disease. Read the full article.
- Houston-led consortium narrows search for familial glioma susceptibility
An international consortium led by Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has narrowed the search for the gene or genes associated with inherited susceptibility to glioma, a deadly form of brain cancer, to a region on chromosome 17.