Your first day with Baylor College of Medicine will begin with a virtual New Employee Orientation via Zoom.
Details regarding your New Employee Orientation will be emailed to you the morning of your orientation date. This email will include your virtual orientation zoom link, date and time of your session.
Information for all non-U.S. citizens (permanent residents/green card holders, pending immigrants, and non-immigrant visa-holders) can be found by contacting the International Services Office. If you are a non-U.S. citizen, please contact the International Services Office before your start date to verify immigration status, and to schedule an appointment for check-in.
Non-paids, with the exclusion of Non-U.S. Citizens, do not report to Human Resources. Contact your direct supervisor for details regarding your orientation.
Be prepared to spend up to three hours processing your new employee paperwork and checking in with various departments. Baylor College of Medicine provides free shuttle service if you have to travel between Baylor College of Medicine buildings.
When you attend orientation, here is what you can expect:
Step 1: New Employee Check-In
- Please remember to complete an Electronic I-9 Form prior to your first day of employment. For instructions, please visit the Before You Arrive page.
- Present employment-authorizing identification and submit Dependent Eligibility Verification Form.
Step 2: Receive your Photo ID Badge
- You will be required to have an official Baylor College of Medicine photo identification badge to access buildings.
- You will need to present a photo ID to receive your badge.
- You will need to travel to Main Baylor to obtain your badge. You can take the shuttle or pay for parking (front entrance or at Garage 6). The physical address for the badging office is listed below:
One Baylor Plaza, Room 108H
Houston, Texas 77030
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 - 11 a.m. and 12:30 - 4 p.m.
Step 4: Online Trainings
As part of your onboarding steps, you will be required to complete a series of online training courses. These courses should be completed within the first 10 days of employment. We are able to provide you with an opportunity to begin these sessions in advance of your first day of work. You are not obligated to complete them prior to your first day.
Training modules can be accessed by visiting Success Factors, and clicking on the “Take Courses” Tile under “To-Do.”