skip to content »

Occupational Health

Houston, Texas

Anatomy instruction at Baylor College of Medicine
Occupational Health Program
not shown on screen

Incoming Resident or Fellow

Welcome to the Occupational Health Program web site for incoming housestaff! This site contains information that will make your entry into Baylor smoother.

  • First, you should register on our website. The information you provide is used by Occupational Health and is unrelated to your application for licensure, information that you need to provide to GME, etc.. It simply allows us to process your records.
  • You will need to provide immunization records and complete other paperwork. The State of Texas requires trainees in health care related fields to have been immunized against certain diseases.
  • Please complete the forms at the bottom of this page and submit proper documentation.
  • Forms and records should be returned (via mail, email or facsimile) directly to OHP, which maintains employee/student immunization records.
  • Please DO NOT send your vaccination records to your program or to the GME office. If you do send your records elsewhere, we may not receive them and you are still responsible for getting your records to us. So please send them directly to us.

Some pointers:

1. You must submit copies of your actual immunization record or actual lab test immunity.
This means that we do not accept mere statements that you have have been vaccinated or are immune. Titers are preferred over vaccination. Although vaccination does meet our requirements, some hospitals require proof of immunity.

2. If you do not have copies of your records, get them. You can get copies from the clinic that administered the service.
Schools that you have attended or institutions where you have worked should provide you a copy of your records. As a health care professional, you should have good records of your health. The issue of immunizations will arise throughout the rest of your career. Additional Advice

3. You can submit scanned copies of your records. Keep in mind a few things. Records should be in PDF format and in a single file. Please do not send TIF or JPG formatted files. The system does not support zip files. The total file size should be less than 3 MB total. Include your name in the file name. This email is for submitting records only. It is not for inquiries or general correspondence. Our email address for records is

4. If you mail records, regular ground delivery is usually adequate to assure we receive them. The problems we encounter with "lost mail" usually arise when you rely on a third party to mail your records. Again, you are strongly encouraged to send records to us yourself rather than relying on your doctor's office, your school or other clinic to send them. We will review your records, of course, regardless of who sends them to us. All mail, including overnight envelopes, are processed through the Baylor mailroom. Expedited delivery may be a reasonable option if sending documents internationally.

5. You can send partial records to us as they are available (e.g., copy of tetanus records now and hepatitis B titer later) rather than waiting until all of them are available.

6. If you have had a positive TB test in the past, we do need documentation of the positive test. Although a chest x-ray is required as well, it is not a substitute for a TB test and is not adequate for documenting a prior positive test.

7. Indicate "Incoming Housestaff 2015- N", where N represents your program on all correspondence. This will help us properly route your records.

8. We realize that you have many deadlines, forms, and matters to complete before starting. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns. Our email for inquiries or general correspondence is

House Staff Forms

The forms in this section must be completed and returned to OHP with proper documentation

House Staff Immunization Record

Additional Information

House Staff Immunization Requirements
HIPAA Privacy Notice

E-mail this page to a friend