- We place TB skin tests any business day except THURSDAYS. We do not place TB tests if the read date(s) would be on a Baylor holiday (e.g., Friday before Labor Day).
- TB testing can be done through the OHP clinic or at one of the times and places listed on the schedule.
You do not need to be tested again if you tested positive in the past and OHP has adequate documentation on file. However, you should complete the symptom review annually.
Please see our Occupational Health Program Activities calendar for upcoming TB tests.
People who work in particular buildings or clinical facilities must have at TB test at least annually. This is true even if your job does not include patient contact.
For New Employees
- A TB skin test is done for all new hires.
- If you have a previous history of tuberculosis, or have had a previous positive tuberculosis skin test and can provide documentation, you may be excused from the test.
- A previous BCG test is not a contraindication or exemption from TB testing.
- TB skin tests must be placed and read by the Occupational Health Program.
- You are required to go to the OHP clinic 48 to 72 hours after having the test placed in order to have the test read.