BCM Medical School Admissions
Baylor College of Medicine is committed to selecting a highly qualified entering class each year to further our mission of excellence in patient care, research, education, and community service to an increasingly diverse society. BCM welcomes applicants of ethnic diversity from all areas of the United States. BCM encourages individuals from groups underrepresented in medicine to apply.
Although outstanding grades and MCAT scores are important, at BCM we understand that intelligence is reflected in ways beyond these two measures. We also understand that it takes more than "book smarts" to be effective physicians; therefore, every effort is made in each step of the admissions process to assess all characteristics of each applicant, cognitive as well as non-cognitive.
BCM looks for individuals with:
- diversity to strengthen our institution by increasing talent and ensuring a fuller perspective,
- high intellectual ability,
- evidence of a strong interest in medicine,
- a high level of personal integrity,
- varied experiences,
- attributes and experiences that demonstrate leadership and exceptional service to others.
How To Apply
Baylor College of Medicine participates in the American Medical College Application Service. A web-enabled application is available at their website, starting in May. BCM also has a supplemental application. Deadline information is posted at both application locations on the web.