MIEHR Virtual Pilot Project Workshop
July 12, 2022, 4:30 p.m.
Join us for an interactive dialogue where MIEHR Center faculty from Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Southern University will provide information about the pilot project program, discuss research topics in environmental health disparities and answer potential applicants’ questions. MIEHR Center faculty will be available to answer any questions during the Q&A. View workshop flyer.
Funding Opportunity for Environmental Health Disparities Research
Research Funding Opportunity: Up to $50,000 per project
The Maternal and Infant Environmental Health Riskscape Research (MIEHR) Center is launching its annual RFA to support pilot projects that address environmental health disparities among mothers and their children. Potential projects might ask about:
- The disproportionate impact of the environment on health
- Concerns among communities of color about pollution using qualitative or quantitative methods
- The interplay between environmental justice, racial justice, or climate justice using community engagement approaches
- The impact of policies on environmental health disparities
- Maternal, Infant & Child Health Disparities
- How multi-omics technologies elucidate differential epigenetic and other modifications due to environmental exposures among racial and ethnic groups
- The use of digital technology in improving environmental health literacy and reducing health disparities in maternal and child health populations
Eligibility Criteria: Post-doctoral Fellows, Clinical Fellows, Assistant Professors, or NIH-designated early-stage investigators
Projects should be implemented within 12 months, with a start date of April 1, 2023, and a budget not to exceed $50,000/project in direct costs. We especially welcome applications from individuals from health disparity populations. Collaboration between investigators from BCM and TSU will be viewed as a strength. Successful applicants will be required to participate in MIEHR Center-sponsored activities.
Letter of Intent Deadline: Monday, Aug. 1 (by 11:59 p.m.) with the following, to MIEHRCenter@bcm.edu:
- The title and research objectives, along with a statement on how the project aligns with MIEHR Center goals and the potential to identify solutions to environmental health disparities issues, as well as how your findings will be disseminated back to impacted communities and other key stakeholders.
- The applicant’s name, institution, department, position, and contact information.
- The NIH-designated health disparity population of the applicant (if applicable) or a statement about the diversity of the research team.
- Projects must include a faculty mentor (include their name, position, department, and institution).
Application Deadline: Monday, Oct. 3, 2022 (by 11:59 p.m.)
For More Information: Contact Nesh Aqrawi, MIEHR Center Administrator (email@example.com).