Nationwide Call for Original Research Posters
The Baylor College of Medicine Center of Excellence in Health Equity, Training and Research (COE) in the Office of Institutional Diversity, Inclusion and Equity invites submissions for poster presentation proposals from faculty, staff, trainees (residents, clinical fellows and postdocs), students (medical school, health professions, and biomedical sciences) at U.S academic medical centers for the annual COE Summer Research Summit on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 in Houston, Texas.
Research posters should highlight innovative research in health equity or health disparities that will contribute to the promotion and improvement of minority health and the elimination of health disparities. Abstracts can be submitted in one of the following thematic areas:
* Interventions or policies, in the healthcare system or wider society, which reduce or eliminate health inequities
* Health equity and the social determinants of health
* Innovations in data linkage to identify, monitor and reduce health inequities
* Becoming culturally competent healthcare providers and biomedical scientists
* Unconscious bias, structural racism, and politics in health
* Recruitment, retention and advancement of a diverse and inclusive workforce
* Diversity and inclusion best practices in clinical care, research, education or community outreach
To submit an abstract for consideration, please e-mail an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by the extended deadline of April 30, 2019 (see abstract requirements). Following the review process, invitation letters for selected abstracts will be sent out electronically by May 17, 2019.
Researcher Responsibilities (for accepted presenters):
• At least one member of the research team must register the conference and be present to hang poster and discuss the research during the following times on June 18, 2019.
10 a.m. - Noon for research showcase/poster judging, AND
4 - 6 p.m. for closing session and awards ceremony
• Cover your own travel costs (travel, lodging, incidentals)
• All additional research team members attending must pay and register
Abstract Submission Requirements:
• Create your abstract in Microsoft Word.
• Use bold size 14 Arial for the abstract title and all author's names and degrees.
• Use size 12 Arial for the abstract text.
• The body of the abstract may not exceed 2000 characters in length.
• Submit your abstract as a Word document (file extension “.doc”)
• In the body of the e-mail include:
- Poster title
- Presenting author(s) name, position, department, institution (or hospital affiliate)
- Thematic research area: see above for options
- Category of poster: Trainee-Led Project, Faculty/Staff-Led Project, or Student-Led Project
- Primary contact for poster (include name, number, email)
-E-mail abstracts as an attachment to: email@example.com
Poster Requirements for Selected Posters:
• The poster dimensions must be 48”x36” or 48”x48” and printed on either matte or glossy paper.
• The poster(s) will be displayed horizontally in a designated space on a display board next to another poster.
• A business card holder can be attached to the poster; no tables will be provided.
• Posters that do not adhere to formatting guidelines will not be displayed.
Poster Abstract Submission Deadline
Extended to Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Acceptance and Official Invitation Letter
Friday, May 17, 2019
Posters for Display
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
For more information about the 2019 Center of Excellence in Health Equity, Training and Research Summer Research Summit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (713) 798-8646.