Baylor College of Medicine reflects a vibrant and diverse community with students, trainees, faculty and staff from all over the world. Below you will find a listing of diversity and inclusion events across the College, as well as information about opportunities available through community organizations, professional associations, and student organizations.
In addition, the Anti-Defamation League Calendar of Observances and NIH Diversity Calendar provide tools listing a number of religious and cultural observances, celebrations and holidays that occur throughout the year. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services also provides a list of National Health Observances that help raise awareness about important health topics.
These and other resources are beneficial for education and outreach activities, event planning, and hopefully helping you to learn more from students, colleagues and members of the community. View details about past events.
- National Diversity and Inclusion Week | Oct. 1-5, 2018 | Open to all BCM students, trainees, faculty and staff
- A Compassionate Conversation on Poverty and Homelessness | Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018 | Cullen Auditorium, Main Baylor | Open to all BCM students, trainees, faculty and staff
- Student Advocacy Engagement Day | Monday, Oct. 8 | Cullen Auditorium/Rayzor Lounge
- Tacos with Teachers (co-sponsored by Center for Professionalism) | Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018 | RSVP Event with Limited Spaces
- Sexuality, Science and Sandwiches (sponsored by Department of Medicine) | Friday, Oct. 19, 2018 | Suite 01Y, Room 101 (McGovern campus) | All BCM community members are invited to attend
- Texas Medical Schools Diversity and Inclusion Consortium Meeting | Friday, Oct. 19, 2018 | Baylor College of Medicine
- Building the Next Generation of Academic Physicians Academic Medicine Career Development Regional Conference | Oct. 19-20, 2018 | Open to all but tailored towards medical students, residents and fellows
- Tacos with Teachers (co-sponsored by Center for Professionalism) | Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018 | RSVP Event with Limited Spaces
- AAMC Minority Student Medical Career Fair (Office of Institutional Diversity, Inclusion and Equity staff will be representing Baylor) | Nov. 3, 2018 | Austin, Texas
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences staff will be representing Baylor) | Nov. 14-17, 2018 | Indianapolis, Ind.
- Inclusion and Excellence Council Quarterly Meeting | Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. | M423 DeBakey, Baylor Main Building
- World AIDS Day Event (co-sponsored by BCM Pride and BCM Spectrum student groups) | Friday, Nov. 30, 2018 | HIV Screening from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in Rayzor Lounge & HIV Educational Forum from 4-6 p.m. in M323 DeBakey, Main Baylor
- Health Equity Grand Rounds | Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018 from noon to 1 p.m. | “How the Evolution of Sex and Gender Based Research Impacts the Practice of Medicine" | CME credited offered
- Career Advancement Series Session 2 | Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018 from 5-6:30 p.m. | "Pathways to Promotion" | M321 DeBakey Building, Main Baylor
- Faculty Senate Meet and Greet Networking Event with Faculty Inclusion Ambassadors | Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018 from 6-7:30 p.m. | Alkek Lobby, Main Baylor