Each cohort will participate in five in-person sessions, networking opportunities and other activities that will focus on the following areas (although not necessarily presented in the order below):
• Mentorship & Sponsorship
• Building your network and collaborations (e.g., Team Science)
• Pathways to Promotion
• Conflict Resolution
• Thriving in a Health Sciences Institution
Session dates for the 2019-2020 cohort will be Oct. 17, 2019; Nov. 14, 2019; Dec. 5, 2019; Jan. 16, 2020; and Feb. 6, 2020 from 5-6:30 p.m. It is anticipated that the program will require approximately 10 hours of face-to-face attendance. A limited number of spaces are available for this program, and we ask a commitment to attend four out of the five in-person sessions.
The priority deadline to apply online for the next cohort is Aug. 9, 2019.
Faculty will have the option to apply to participate in one of the following four categories: Instructors, Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professor Women Faculty Group.
• Instructors track is designed for faculty at the instructor level, with at least one to two years of experience, who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine, health professions, or biomedical sciences.
• Assistant Professors track is designed for faculty at the assistant professor level, with at least one to two years of experience, who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine, health professions, or biomedical sciences.
• Associate Professors track is designed for faculty at the associate professor rank and hold a current leadership positions within their discipline, department, academic center, school or the College.
• Assistant Professor Women Faculty Group is designed for women faculty at the assistant professor level who aspire to leadership positions in academic medicine, health professions, or biomedical sciences.
Interested faculty should complete the online application form and submit it along with the following items to Toi B. Harris, M.D., associate provost of Institutional Diversity, Inclusion and Equity & Student Services, Baylor College of Medicine, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Curriculum Vitae: Please provide a copy of your current CV (in PDF format).
• Letter of Support: The letter of support (in PDF format) from your department chair/center director that indicates that the faculty member will have release time to participate in the program.
Application information will be reviewed by a Baylor selection committee. Applicants will be notified by Sept. 1, 2019. Please direct inquiries/questions to Dr. Harris at email@example.com or (713) 798-8646.