AY 2021-2022 Nominations will Open Dec. 1, 2021 - Jan. 15, 2022
The Women of Excellence Awards was established in 2018 to celebrate individuals who exemplify Baylor Values and demonstrate exceptional dedication to issues that affect women at Baylor College of Medicine, or in the larger community. Recipients will demonstrate this commitment through:
- Leadership in addressing diversity, equity and inclusion above and beyond their generally anticipated scope of responsibilities as a staff, faculty, trainee or student.
- Documented extraordinary contributions and accomplishments, within one or more of Baylor’s mission areas, that address issues that affect women at Baylor College of Medicine, or in the larger community.
Baylor College of Medicine faculty, staff, students or trainees in any mission area who meet the award criteria and have been an employee or trainee for at least one year. The nominee must also be in good standing with the College.
NOTE: A Baylor College of Medicine community member who has received a Women of Excellence Award or Allies of Women of Excellence Award is not eligible for consideration again until three additional years of service at Baylor have been completed.
Any Baylor community member may nominate a Baylor student, trainee, faculty or staff for a Women of Excellence by submitting a complete nomination packet by the deadline. Self nominations are not permitted. Nomination packets must include the following:
- Nomination cover sheet filled out by the nominator and signed by the nominee’s supervisor endorsing the nomination.
- Three letters as follows:
- A nomination letter (not to exceed two pages) specifying the individual’s contributions and accomplishments. The primary nomination may be submitted by any member (or group of members) of the faculty, staff, students or trainees at Baylor. The primary nominator will be the point of contact and will collect and submit all components of the nomination packet.
- A letter of recommendation from the nominee’s peer or supervisor (external or internal).
- A letter of recommendation from a Baylor institutional leader familiar with the nominee’s efforts (for example, department chair or vice chair, academic center director, division or section chief, program director or school dean).
- Letters should include specific examples of the contribution and accomplishments of the nominee towards meeting the award criteria.
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Supporting documents (up to two) that provide specific evidence and showcase how the nominee meets the award criteria.
The Women of Excellence Award is administered by the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The Award Selection Committee includes members of the Baylor Inclusion and Excellence Council. Nomination packets must be submitted to Dr. Erik Malmberg, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 p.m. on Jan.1, 2022. The Award Selection Committee reviews all complete nominations and identifies each year’s recipients.
For additional information, contact Erik D. Malmberg, Ph.D., J.D., Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at email@example.com.